You may have heard of Shakeology, the unique meal replacement shake from Beachbody. It’s complex formulation contains over 83 ingredients that are selected for quality and purity.
In this article, we focus on three important ingredients that are unique Peruvian herbs and the benefits you get from them:
- Sacha Inchi. Also known as Peruvian peanut, but not the type of peanut you may be thinking of. Sacha Inchi is an important ingredient that is high in protein, high in omega 3, 6, and 9 fatty acids and has a high biological availability. It was also a super food of the ancient Incas. Some benefits of Sacha Inchi include:
- Reduce high blood pressure
- Help prevent heart disease
- Help reduce depression
- Maca Root. Used as a remedy and nutritious food in pre-conquest Peru. Grown in the high Andes mountains of South America, Maca Root is a true Adaptogen. Typically known as rejuvenating herbs, adaptogens help the body’s resistance and ability to adapt to external conditions, like stress. This ingredient works directly to benefit your endocrine system . Maca Root benefits include:
- Supports energy and stamina
- Reduces anxiety and stress
- Helps balance hormones
- Yacon Root. Is another herb grown in Peru. It’s also known as “Apple of the Earth.” Yacon root is a prebiotic that supports good bacteria and digestive health. Although it has a sweet taste, it is low glycemic and does not spike insulin levels. The sugar contained in Yacon root is known as fructooligosaccharide and not absorbed by humans. It’s a special type of fructose.
These are just 3 ingredients common to Shakeology. Containing true nutrition that is required for health and wellness, Shakeology is all natural and just better for your body. This health shake is also gluten free, caffeine free, sweetener free, and certified low glycemic! After drinking it daily for over 2 years, I feel better than ever! You can too.